Babcock delivers the design, manufacture and support of customised vehicles and protective solutions – delivered on time and at a competitive price.
Our customers include the police, fire and ambulance services, civil service, military and other security focused organisations based in the UK and overseas.
Our services include:
- Compliant customised builds
- Composite material production
- Specialist in-vehicle communications capability
- Armoured protection
- Disposal & decommissioning
- Service packs
- End user training
We combine innovation, craftsmanship and technical excellence to supply and support quality deployed product to a worldwide critical market. Our customers trust us to deliver resilient and appropriate products with assured whole-life support and availability.
Our commitment means that we never compromise on quality, health & safety and best environmental practice for the benefits of all.
Our high security production facilities, based over three sites, comprise of manufacturing divisions with the necessary resources, appropriately skilled and security vetted personnel to satisfy our customers and maintain our market position.
Formerly S MacNeillie & Son, Babcock’s vehicle engineering business has over 100–years’ experience in pushing the boundaries of automotive solutions and design.
Set up in 1910 to deliver superior coach building and finish, the business has increased its capabilities and facilities to meet market demand for greater protection and full integration. Babcock International Group acquired the business in 2015, bringing about a significant step change in how organisations look to manage and develop their fleet of specialist vehicles.
Babcock is the UK’s leading engineering support services organisation. Operating in the UK and overseas, we are trusted to deliver complex and critical support to the defence, energy, emergency services, transport and education sectors. We pride ourselves on our long-term customer focused relationships and engineering excellence.
Focused on our customers
We look to build long term strong partnerships with our customers, delivering a first class service from the initial enquiry though to the whole-life support of the vehicle.
We work closely with you to make sure that your customised requirements are met to the highest quality and within an agreed timeframe.
Our After Sales Team is in place to help you with your requirements which includes:
- A dedicated customer helpdesk supported by our After Sales and Technical teams
- High demand onsite stock, enabling a large proportion of commercial vehicle parts to be available for next day delivery
- Mobile Client Support Teams providing an invaluable service on a daily basis both maintaining and carrying out installations on site to minimise any vehicle downtime
- User and workshop training programmes offering full assurance that both the operational staff, and those responsible for the upkeep of the vehicle, are fully conversant with the asset.
We have a well-established and professional project management team who oversee large contracts. These dedicated contract managers work closely with our production departments and the client to ensure the vehicle conversions are built to the correct specification and to the quality expected.